Family owned and run haulage company based in Birmingham are looking for an individual to join the Freight Forwarding department to support and assist other team members.
The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail, be computer literate and have good experience of Microsoft Office as well as general administration, daily tasks would include:
- Handling Customer Bookings
- Organise the import, export or domestic movement of cargo by any mode of transport or by any combination of modes
- Processing Quotations
- Building Job Files
- Checking Export/Import paperwork
- Liaising with customers and hauliers to gain best market rates
- Collecting and formulising departmental performance data
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Contacting potential new customers
- Previous Freight Forwarding experience is preferable.
Working hours: Mon to Fri 0900-1730hrs